Supermassive Games will release a Switchback VR patch this month, introducing reduced load times and offering visual fixes.
Released back in March, The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR faced criticism over graphical issues at launch. Supermassive Games promised a fix and over two months later, it's provided a progress update in a new announcement. "This will be a larger update that not only addresses various reported issues, but also includes additional improvements to deliver an enhanced experience for all players."
That goes beyond the previously reported low-resolution issues, with Supermassive listing key changes such as reduced loading times and foveated rendering. You can read that in full below:
- Fixes for blurred / low resolution visuals
- Fixes for textures and assets popping
- Greatly reduced loading times
- Enhancements to visuals, VFX and lighting
- Improvements to textures and environment assets
- Introduction of FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) and foveated rendering
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR is available now on PSVR 2. While Supermassive doesn't confirm an exact release for this update, the announcement states "our current aim is to release the patch at the end of June." We'll update this article upon its release.